End of the School Year

Thursday, June 13, 2013
I DID IT!! 
I survived and completed my first year as a teacher! 

I am filled with so many different emotions but this feels so bittersweet! I have gone through so many ups and downs this year and it has finally come to an end. I will never forget this group of kids as they were my first group of first graders. They each have a special place in my heart, and it was so hard to say goodbye to them without getting teary eyed. 

I tried to find as many fun activities as possible for our last week together. 
I found an idea off of Pinterest (my FAVORITE website ever!) to have a countdown using balloons. 
Inside of the balloons I put an activity that we were going to do that day. 
They were SO excited and reminded me countless times in the morning to pop the balloon for the day. 

On our last Monday we had Awards Day. 
I purchased the Dollar Store Superlatives from Michelle from Fabulous in First
It was so easy to get the supplies from the dollar store. The kids LOVED this!

My goodbye gift to them was also inspired from Pinterest. They also loved it!

I am so ready to relax and not worry about planning for the next day!
I did begin my master's program for the summer so I will be busy with that, but at least I can sleep in :)




2 comments

  1. Congratulations!!!

    ((hugs))
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo!! Congrats! And I don't think I have ever seen a classroom with a ceiling fan!

    Janaye
    Tales of Frogs and Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete