I'm Still Here!

Thursday, March 27, 2014
Hello Friends!

I cannot believe that it is almost time for Spring Break! (YES!!!)
Pretty soon the end of the school year will be here and this year will have flew by. 

This year has been the most challenging year ever...teaching a combination classroom was something that I never thought I would do, but low and behold I am doing it! In a way I am very thankful that I have a combination classroom, because I have some challenging first graders but the kindergarteners are wonderful, so it balances out. But it is hard to keep this balancing act up between these two grades, however they and myself have come a long way. It is not getting easier, but it is getting better. 

Not only have I been busy with a combination classroom, I am so close to getting my credential cleared! My last clear credential class is in May, but then I will be going back to school to finish my Summer master's program...busy, busy, busy!! I have no idea how I am getting all of this done. My husband and I have a Europe vacation planned right after my masters program is over. Portugal and Italy are the light at the end of the tunnel and my goal to power through! I cannot wait to go!

So much has happened since my last blog post in December. 
Below are some things that I have done in the classroom.

We celebrated the 100th day of school in February and here are a couple 
pictures of couple of great 100th day of school project. 


The Aging Booth app was a success! 
All of the kids were excited to get their picture taken to 
see how they would look when they are 100 years old!



I did a unit on polar bears, penguins, and the Arctic fox. 
We then transitioned into habitats and here are some amazing habitat diorama projects.



I did a whole character trait unit that was very successful.
Kevin Henkes's books about Lilly are perfect for character traits.





Even though I am busy I am learning how to knit! 
I have finished my first scarf and a bow.
 I am now addicted and can't wait to start my next knitting project :)



Until next time!


No comments