Checking Back In!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013
Hello everyone!

Wow, I just realized that I have not posted anything 
since August after I got my combination classroom assignment!

This "blended" classroom of 10 kindergartners and 15 first graders (and a few rowdy first grade boys doesn't help!) is really keeping me busy! The first week of school was very challenging...on the second day of school, during recess I shut the door, sat at my desk, buried my head in a pillow and just cried. 
It has been 3 months and I have been getting the hang of it, however it is still not easy. 
God always gives us things that we can handle and I am trying my best!
Everyday is a new day and a new learning experience.

Here are some things that I have done with my kiddos since school has started:

I made a 1st Day of School Frame

In September I made applesauce for the first time & it was a success!

I decided to make some crayon art and it turned out amazing!

We had a great time with our pumpkin investigations in October!

In November we made turkeys in disguise and they turned out really cute!

In December we had a lot of fun with our classroom elf Jack, but poor thing got sick a couple of times because some friends didn't follow the rules and touched him! 


To end the year I did a whole gingerbread unit where we read many gingerbread stories and compared/contrasted them, made a paper gingerbread, had a gingerbread science experiment, and ended it with making gingerbread houses on the last day before winter break. 




What a year 2013 has been! 
Looking forward to 2014!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from my family to yours!

No comments